Times Were Meant For Remembering:


Like a grain of sand
I let you slip through my hands,
peace and tranquility was all I sought,
Just a tiny bit, but you fought and fought
I remember the nights
sweet nothings, and vcr players
how life was simple and incomplete
but I was happy and went along without complaint
misguided steps lead me towards a path unchangeable in many accounts
I remember Back To The Future and planning for the inevitable
five year olds getting married,
playing dress up and taking naps, how we use to hate that.
preschool was the best pastels were all the rage
Mothers who loved desperately and the first crush that would never last.
I want them back hopscotch and jacks
I want your voice telling me I am beautiful again
and I want you here so I can tell you I'm sorry.

Comments

Popular Posts